Traditional school methods for developing reading and writing skills in kids might not work for kids with ADHD.
Step #1: Ask Yourself some Questions
- Does your kid avoid reading?
- After reading something can your kid tell you about what they read?
- Does your kid groan at the mention of writing an assignment for school?
Step #2: Brainstorm a New Approach to Homework
Once we can see the obstacles in the learning process we can start creating a new approach.
- Spend time together exploring new ways to approach the situation
- Include your kid’s favorite topics in reading and writing at home
- Partner with your kid in their learning so you can compliment them on their progress and know where they struggle
Step #3: Try a Homework Tip from Study Tools by Jules
Explore these ideas that you can use at home to make reading and writing easier for ADHD kids.